Sunday, 17 January 2016

Here comes the Sun

I use the Sun to "sterilise" containers, pots , colanders, in fact anything, that I use in the kitchen, that needs a really good clean. I find this method especially good for throughly drying plastic containers with tight fitting lids or any odd shaped appliance bowls with lots of nooks and crannies. The bread tins I use are Wiltshire brand, they are the double folded metal kind and tend to hang on to moisture in the folds, drying them in the sun gets them bone dry.  It also gives the plastic containers a really good air. There is something to be said for fresh air and Sunlight! My Mum used to do this with Tupperware, and when I was young, I always wondered why.

Over to you, does anyone else give kitchen ware or storage containers a good dry in the Sun?











No comments:

Post a Comment