Thursday, 14 January 2016

Raspberry Yoghurt Cake

Ingredients ready for Raspberry and Yoghurt Cake

This weeks baking came about from cleaning out my freezer (New Year thing). I took an inventory on Sunday to see exactly what I had and what needed to be used up. I found a half used, still perfect, sealed in the bag, frozen raspberries. I also had some Greek Yoghurt in the fridge -
Raspberries + Greek youghurt = Raspberry and Yoghurt Cake

As always I googled those exact words and found a beautiful, simple cake that was whizzed up the the Thermomix in no time at all. The original recipe uses one bowl and just a whisk, but I use my Thermomix at any given opportunity. I have changed the recipe to use Coconut oil and added 1 cup of sugar rather than the 1 1/2 cups it called for.

Ingredients

1 cup Coconut Oil

1 cup castor sugar

2 eggs

1 cup full cream Greek Yoghurt

2 cups SR flour

1 cup Frozen Raspberries

Method

Preheat oven to 170 C,  grease and line a 20 cm round baking tin

Add Coconut Oil to bowl of Thermomix

Add Sugar and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5

Add eggs and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5

Add SR flour and mix for 10 - 15 seconds on speed 4 (just till incorporated, don't over mix)

Add frozen Raspberries, on reverse, mix for 10 - 15 seconds, again till just incorporated

Pour into prepared baking tin and bake for 45 - 60 mins or until cooked through

Let cool in tin

Once completely cooled, turn out of baking tin on to a cake rack

To serve,  dust with icing sugar

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of this delicious cake, but it was just lovely!



1 comment: