Thursday, 10 March 2016

Home made Tahini

Hello Dear Reader,

This is yet another, better that bought, home made food item that I make on a regular basis. Only two ingredients and so easy. Again I use my Thermomix, as you can roast the sesame seeds and then blitz the seeds, all in one bowl.

You could, very lightly, roast the sesame seeds in a very slow oven and then blitz them in a food processor, however you would have to do a larger quantity or have a food processor with a smaller bowl for it to work effectively.

I use this home made Tahini in my home made Hummus, which I never tire of.  I also love it mixed with honey and spread on these crackers, super delicious and nutritious.

 Sesame oil and Sesame seeds 
Add sesame seeds to bowl and dry roast at 100 C for 10 minutes speed 1

Then add sesame oil and blitz for 25 seconds on speed 10
Scrap down and blitz again for 10 seconds on speed 9
Smooth and delicious Tahini

Ingredients

200 grams hulled sesame seeds
20 grams sesame oil

Method

Put seeds into the Thermomix bowl and dry roast for 10 minutes at 100 C, speed 1

Blitz for 25 seconds, speed 9

Scrape down sides

Add oil and blitz for 10 seconds, speed 10, or until super smooth and no longer gritty

Keep in sterilised jar in the fridge

I quite often make a half quantity, as I have done above, so when I use it, it is always freshly made

So, tell me, what home made goods do you make that are better than shop bought?






No comments:

Post a Comment