Monday, 14 March 2016

Oat Bran and Banana Muffins

Hello Dear Reader,

Breakfast has to be my favourite meal, it's one of the main reasons I get up so early, just so I can enjoy a leisurely breakfast! During the week I have my home made Muesli as well as a bowl of fruit and yoghurt. But now, I have discovered these little beauties I may have to also squeeze one of these in as well. To me they are the perfect healthy breakfast muffin.

Not cake like at all, in fact the opposite of cake. These little muffins are dense, not too sweet and full of flavour from the bran (yes, bran does have a flavour) I think they would be a perfect addition to lunch boxes as they carry well and with the addition of banana have stayed moist. Simple to make, lovely to eat, full of fibre, what's not to love.

Ingredients for Oat Bran and Banana Muffins, sorry, not a great photo
In a bowl, whisk dry ingredients to combine
Add combined wet ingredients to dry ingredients in the bowl
Gently combine wet and dry ingredients, like all muffins, don't over mix
Ready for the oven
Oat Bran and Banana Muffins

Ingredients

This is enough for 12 muffins but you could easily double or triple the recipe, depending on how many daggy bananas you have to use up

2 cups of Oat Bran ( I used Coles own brand)

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk ( I used powdered milk, as I don't keep dairy milk in the house)

1 egg

1/4 cup honey

2 tablespoons Rice Bran oil

Method

Preheat oven to 160 C - 180 C (depending on your oven)

Line a muffin tin with muffins cases

Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and give it a good stir with a whisk

In a jug, mix milk, egg, honey and oil

Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients 

Mix until dry ingredients are just moistened ( Don't over mix)

3/4 fill muffin cases with mixture and bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden

You could add any fruit you wanted- blueberries, raspberries, grated apple, diced peach or nectarine or even diced pear would work. 

So, tell me, what is your go to breakfast? It it a full on feast or just simple tea and toast?






No comments:

Post a Comment