Friday, 22 April 2016

This weeks 5 Frugal things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

In the past week I tried to have as many no spend days as I could, not going near the shops unless I really had to. On Sunday, when I went to make Beef Stroganoff, I didn't have any Paprika so instead of making a trip to the supermarket for one item I made do and changed the recipe to this one.

I think if you can avoid the shops, when you can, it takes away the temptation of buying stuff out of "want" rather than "need". I do make a trip to the local Coles on the way home on a Tuesday afternoon just to see if there is any dramatically marked down fresh produce. I only buy what I can and will use so that nothing is wasted.

I also really wanted to make a start on some more planting in the garden for the Autumn/Winter season, but knew I just didn't have the time to do so, so I have postponed this until this long weekend, It is ANZAC day on Monday and then we have Labour Day public holiday the following Monday plus I have an ADO on the Tuesday so I will have plenty of time to attend to the garden in the next 2 weeks.

This weeks 5 Frugal things on a Friday are

1. Had as many "no spend days" as I could

2. Pickled marked down chillies using Mums Pickling Vinegar recipe and saved the seeds for planting out at a later date when the time is right




3. Hung all the washing to dry in the sun

4. Rode to work every day

5. Saved the skin from a bought Pineapple and froze it to make Home Made Pineapple Cordial at a later date

So, tell me, what have been your frugal or free things this week?

2 comments:

  1. I did a little op shopping at my local Vinnies, with a friend. Purchased some stationery items, a dress and a couple of coathangers for $5, plus picked up 2 magazines. I love that when I "op shop" I'm saving money and the environment , plus feeding my creativity . Win, win, win ! Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, I love op shopping you never know what you are going to find. $5.00 for all of that, fantastic. Thanks for reading

      Delete