Welcome to May! Can you believe how fast this year is going! I certainly can't! The cooler temps are slowly creeping in, the morning are cooler and the days are just glorious. I had the pleasure of having 4 days off, starting with last weekend, Monday was a public holiday and to cap it off I had an ADO on Tuesday, I had a ball and filled my time at home doing all the things I love to do-gardening, cooking, baking, sewing, some cleaning and just being in my home. Being at home enables me to do things that save money in the long run and add to my frugal way of living.
So this weeks wrap up of 5 frugal things on a Friday are
1. Finished the baby quilt and took it to work, to put with the collection of beautiful baby gifts for a lovely girl, expecting her first child
2. Used my slow cooker to make dinner one night and to cook a big batch chickpeas for hummus. Using the slow cooker draws very little power
3. Finished planting out Autumn seedlings so hopefully we will be able to supplement our meals with some home grown produce
4. Moved the Sorrell to a new spot to see if it does any better as it wasn't thriving where it was
5. Saved the warm up water from the shower to water the figs out the front
So, that's my frugal achievements this week, what about yours?