Wednesday, 18 May 2016

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

My darling Daughter and her lovely Partner are down this way this week, so we have been having some dinners together, which is totally lovely. They are so easy to have around and we delight in seeing our beautiful daughter thrive in her occupation and her everyday life.
And I have stuck to my plan of having a soup for dinner, on Tuesday evenings, so I can go Ballroom Dancing, I so love it, it makes my heart sing! Even when I am exhausted, last night we learnt the Tango Terrific and the Anzac Foxtrot, two beautiful dances taught by wonderful teachers.

So this is what we bought, spent and ate this past week (my meal plan runs Wednesday to Tuesday, as my hubby shops on a Wednesday)

What we bought
What we spent
ALDI-57.95

Woolworths-$62.85

Nothing Bros Prime Meats-$27.30

Coles-13.75

Coles extra trip-$45.55

Coles marked down produce on Tuesday arvo-$11.29

Total-$218.69




What we ate
Wednesday-Tempura Snapper with steamed Basmati rice and Silverbeet with Oyster sauce
Thursday-Takeaway Pizza from Domino's ( I had a voucher)
Friday-Pan Fried Red Emperor with a big tossed salad
Saturday-Pulled Pork with steamed Basmati rice and snow peas
Sunday-Family Roast Dinner : Roast Lamb with Rosemary Roast Potatoes, Roast Pumpkin, Cauliflower Cheese and steamed Broccolini. Sorry, I got too busy and forgot to take photos. And for dessert I made a magnificent Chocolate sauce to pour over bought ice cream




Monday-there was enough of the roast left over for dinner, sweet!

Tuesday-Pork and Fennel soup with buttered toast



So that was the week that was in our home, on the dinner front, what about your place? What is your families favourite soup recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment