Monday, 6 June 2016

Liebster Award. Part 1


Wow, what a lovely and unexpected surprise! 

I want to send a huge thank you to Meg from ahopefulnature.blogspot.com.au, for nominating me for a Liebster Award, as I am such a newbie to the blogging world, I didn't even know of its existence until now. This award is awarded to bloggers, by bloggers. The idea is to first, answer the questions posted for you and then make a list of thought provoking questions and send it to other bloggers on your radar. After Meg nominated me,  we found out that we had something in common, we both did a blogging workshop that Rhonda from "Down to Earth" hosted last year. How funny!


I also want to thank Meg for making the questions not too hard as I am really not a very deep or wise thinker and usually just do and say what feels right to me at the time. Things usually end up okay in the end.

So, here are the 10 questions that Meg has given my to answer

1.What's your favourite time of the day? Why?

Very early morning, as there is no one else in the house awake, I can slowly do the things I do as part of my morning ritual without interruption or the need to talk to anyone else. I empty the dishwasher, cut some fruit up for our fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast, I publish a post on my blog, have a quick walk around the garden, maybe put on some washing and then have breakfast, all in the peace and quite of the early morning.

2.   If money were no object, where would you go and why?

Back to Rarotonga, in the Cook Islands, not that it is an overly expensive place to stay but we have had 2 glorious holidays there and always came back refreshed. The people are so friendly and the food is amazing. It is perfect for snorkelling, so many amazing tropical fish, it's like being in an aquarium.   

3.   What do you like to do on a rainy day?

Stay at home and bake or sew, in fact that is just what I did on this past Saturday, as it was raining buckets.

4.   What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

Don't have a credit card and always live within your means. If you can't afford it this week why will it be any different next week?

5.  If a library could stock just one book, what should that book be? Why?

Down to Earth by Rhonda Heizel, I would recommend any young person starting out, to read this book as it is full of practical everyday hints on how to run a home successfully without huge sums of money.

6. If you were elected Prime Minister or President of your country tomorrow, what would be the first thing you would change

A no waste policy for all supermarkets, food suppliers and growers, ALL unwanted/unused/nearly expired food to be given to food charities to distribute in a timely manner to the hungry people of Australia. Hunger sucks.

7.  What's your go-to comfort food?

 Sticky Date or Dark Chocolate Pudding for sweet and Bacon and Corn Chowder for savoury 

8.  What is the most memorable meal you've ever cooked? Why was it so memorable?

When I first lived with my husband and his parents I tried to make a Chinese Long Soup, from my "Everyday Cookery Book" How was I to know that stock wasn't made from stock cubes!  It was truly the most awful thing I had ever tasted, just so salty, thats all I remember about it. I have moved on from that point now, thankfully, but still have a giggle at my naivety.

9.  What is one skill that a parent or grandparent taught you that you are so glad you learned?
       
Both Nan and Mum were wonderful cooks and dressmakers so I grew up being around in the kitchen and sewing room. Those things that are part of your everyday life just infuse themselves into your memories. I am so grateful to my darling Mum for gently teaching me those life skills and I still miss her dearly.

10. What is something you are doing to make more happiness in your own life and in the life of others?

Taking more time for me, its sounds a bit backwards doesn't it? But I find if I am content and able to achieve things, I am more organised and can help out others when I am needed. 

Phew, great questions Meg, I will now pay it forward.

So, from here, I will think of some new questions and choose 4 blogs on my horizon and send those questions to them, anyway I think that is how it goes! Tune in tomorrow for Part 2 of this Award

So, tell me, how would you answer those questions? I am especially interested in Q' 4, as we are all individual with different upbringings that, I think, that would affect the answer!

1 comment:

  1. You do have a great blog I'm yet to start one. I think looking after yourself is a great way to be happy then spread happiness to others. I need to work on getting more sleep - Christina

    ReplyDelete