Friday, 3 June 2016

This weeks 5 Frugal things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

Welcome to Friday, we have the wonderful weekend ahead of us, with all its lovely possibilities and hopefully some time to relax and spend time with loved ones and do as much or as little as you like.

This has been a very productive week for me and I feel like a squirrel with a good supply of nuts stored in the pantry. I made lots this week- fruit and spice loaves, nut and seed crackers and Pear and Ginger muffins, the best part was I had all the ingredients in the house already, so no extra trips to the supermarket. Sweet!

1. I made 2 loaves of fruit and spice bread, all ingredients already in the house, so no outlay


2. Cut up some, not so amazing strawberries, gave them a little love with 1 teaspoon of sugar and used them up for our fruit and yoghurt bowls for breakfast=no waste


3. Line dried all the washing. The smell of fresh sheets and clothes, off the line, to me, is just bliss. It rained early Thursday morning, but I was up early, and was able to take it off before it got wet.

4. Made nut and seed crackers from scratch with ingredients already in the house



5. Used a voucher for takeaway pizza for pizza night on Thursday. 2 Pizzas=$18.25 and they were delicious

Apparently there is a significant weather event heading our way (south, east Queensland) this weekend, with high winds and huge rain. I hope we get the rain without any damaging winds.
What ever you do over the weekend, please stay safe.

I think I will be staying home instead of going up to Crystal Waters. It is Crystal Waters monthly market (first Saturday of every month) and Morag Gamble had kindly invited the people who had attended the 2 day Introduction to Permaculture up to have a look through her Permaculture garden, never mind, hopefully next month.

So, tell me, what has been your frugal or free achievements this week?

5 comments:

  1. Your week sounds very productive. The rains have already started in NSW and at the moment we are having quite a heavy downpour. Your crackers look great. I have a recipe that is very similar, only 3 ingredients (hemp seeds, almond meal and chia seeds plus water. This week my husband asked me to minimise my grocery spending (which is already fairly frugal) due to bills that needed to be paid. So I managed only to buy 2 sources of meat for the weeks meal (chicken thighs and a whole chicken), I had a leg of lamb already in the freezer and had 2 meals using tins of tuna from the pantry (tuna mornay and fish cakes) as well as home made pizza's which is a good frugal meal for a large family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Fiona. I think we'll be staying inside all day too on Saturday with the rain that's expected to come. I'm loving all the recipes and frugal posts you do on your blog. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. You'll find a link to your blog and my ten questions for you on my blog here http://ahopefulnature.blogspot.com.au/2016/06/liebster-award-part-2.html

    Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg,
      Thankyou so much for the nomination although I don't think I can be quite as eloquent as you (you answered all the questions beautifully) I will see if I can get to your questions over the rainy weekend. I am so new to this blogging gig, I had to look up what a "Liebster Award" was. Thanks for the really positive feedback, I am truly loving blogging and I see it as a way of cataloging my simple life. Thanks again for the nomination, I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Hi Fiona, the rain has arrived here today too. I am hoping it tops up the water tanks and dam but I am hoping the weather doesn't become too wild. It is probably a wise decision to postpone your trip to Crystal Waters as I keep hearing on the radio that we should avoid travel if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherri,
      It's been raining steadily most of the day and I agree, I hope we get great rain without any damage. I will be staying home instead tomorrow! Have a splendid Saturday.
      Fi

      Delete