Hello Dear Reader,
Welcome to Friday, we have the wonderful weekend ahead of us, with all its lovely possibilities and hopefully some time to relax and spend time with loved ones and do as much or as little as you like.
This has been a very productive week for me and I feel like a squirrel with a good supply of nuts stored in the pantry. I made lots this week- fruit and spice loaves, nut and seed crackers and Pear and Ginger muffins, the best part was I had all the ingredients in the house already, so no extra trips to the supermarket. Sweet!
1. I made 2 loaves of fruit and spice bread, all ingredients already in the house, so no outlay
2. Cut up some, not so amazing strawberries, gave them a little love with 1 teaspoon of sugar and used them up for our fruit and yoghurt bowls for breakfast=no waste
3. Line dried all the washing. The smell of fresh sheets and clothes, off the line, to me, is just bliss. It rained early Thursday morning, but I was up early, and was able to take it off before it got wet.
4. Made nut and seed crackers from scratch with ingredients already in the house
5. Used a voucher for takeaway pizza for pizza night on Thursday. 2 Pizzas=$18.25 and they were delicious
Apparently there is a significant weather event heading our way (south, east Queensland) this weekend, with high winds and huge rain. I hope we get the rain without any damaging winds.
What ever you do over the weekend, please stay safe.
I think I will be staying home instead of going up to Crystal Waters. It is Crystal Waters monthly market (first Saturday of every month) and Morag Gamble had kindly invited the people who had attended the 2 day Introduction to Permaculture up to have a look through her Permaculture garden, never mind, hopefully next month.
So, tell me, what has been your frugal or free achievements this week?