Wednesday, 6 July 2016

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

I have been a bit unwell this week with a cold that is still lingering. I had last Wednesday off as a sick day to rest, which done me the world of good but, in hindsight I should have stayed away from work for maybe one more day to recuperate further. I probably would have been much better by now.

I made a couple of magnificent soups this week, really warming and full of goodness, kind of soups, that you just crave in winter or when you have been unwell. And next week I think I will make another really warming dish called Feguada. It's a Portuguese dish, handed down from lovely hubby's Gran. It is the perfect winter dish, it makes a huge quantity so I will invite all the family around to enjoy it.

What we bought

    What we spent

ALDI-$52.50

Woolworths-$78.48

Nothing Bros Prime Meats-$21.71

Coles-$9.15

Coles - Tuesday afternoon marked down specials-$8.84

Total-$170.68


Marked down specials- a 3 kg bag of spuds, 1 kg bag of apples and 6 avocados. Sweet!

 What we ate
Wednesday-Chicken and Chorizo Tray Bake with Steamed Broccoli
Thursday-Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup
Friday-Tempura Snapper with Steamed Basmati Rice and Home Grown Bok Choy
Saturday and Sunday-Pea and Ham Soup (I forgot to take a photo, sorry)
Photo Credit-
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/17804/pea+ham+soup
Monday-Pan Fried Pearl Perch with Creamy Potato Bake with Spring Onions and Garlic and Steamed Broccoli 
Tuesday-Chicken Pesto Pasta with Snow Peas
I used my homemade pesto for this and it was delish


So, tell me, what were the eats at your place this week? And what is your families favourite soup recipe?

5 comments:

  1. I do enjoy soup for lunch but usually just in winter, my all time favorites are Leek and potato or Ham and potato, i like my soups nice and thick i cant be doing with wishy washy ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been picking quite a few tomatoes at this late stage of the year. With the excess I made yummy tomato soup using a recipe from my mum. Delish!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning plates of lovely food ! My favourite soup is "velouté d'asperges", a kind of asparagus soup. Never made one myself though ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our favorite soup is probably Minestrone, or a spicy version called Gypsy soup. The easiest one is Broccoli soup (a whole head of broccoli, an onion and a couple of potatoes, all roughly chopped and cooked in a litre of stock, then blitzed until smooth and a couple of spoons of creme fraiche (or sour cream) stirred through just before serving.

    Looking forward to reading about the Portugese dish.

    ReplyDelete