Monday, 15 August 2016

Fudgy Chocolate Cupcakes

Hello Dear Reader,

I found this recipe at Mels Kitchen Cafe, and thought it would be a great recipe to make while my little Grand Nieces were with me a few weekends ago. I was right! The recipe was easy to make, the girls had a ball making it and the end result...oh my, they are so super delicious. I adapted Mels recipe slightly with less butter, chocolate and sugar. I didn't get a chance to make an icing for them, as we ran out of time AND I was exhausted, but I think a peanut butter icing would be amazing on these little beauties!

Add 120 grams each of butter and chocolate to a medium sized saucepan. I use the ALDI dark organic chocolate
Melt butter and chocolate over very low heat until completely melted and smooth


Take saucepan off heat and add 1/2 cup of white sugar and mix well. 


Now, crack eggs, one at time, into the melted butter, chocolate and sugar mixture.
Beat the eggs in well, after each addition

Little Milly cracked her egg into a separate glass bowl, just incase of any stray egg shell

Continue adding and mixing until all three eggs are incorporated



Finally add 2/3 of a cup of plain flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt
and continue mixing  until no streaks of white are visible
Divide mixture into twelve cupcake liners. See how clean I keep my muffin pan, so shiny and new! cough...

Pop into a preheated 165 C oven for 16 to 18 minutes. Keep an eye on them though cause you want them lovely and moist, barely cooked

As usual I was too tired to ice them, so icing sugar dusted over the top, did the trick


Disclaimer/truth time-The above three photos were taken yesterday, two weeks after we made the original batch of these Fudgy Chocolate Cupcakes. It isn't feasible to set up and take more elaborate photos while I had little ones at home. 

So, tell me, what is your best kid friendly recipe?

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to see children cooking! What great skills you're passing on their, Fiona. I find mini pizzas are a great recipe for kids because they can peel, chop, spread, grate and so on and the results are always individualised (when they choose their own toppings) and delicious. Those cupcakes look scrumptious! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete