How's your week been? I hope you had a lovely week and if you live in the Brisbane area, will, no doubt, be looking forward to the long weekend. It is EKKA time and even though we don't go to the EKKA, we love having the public holiday, for it. Redcliffe have the Monday off making it a much loved long weekend!
I feel I have been a bit slack in the frugal department, as we had last weekend away, celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary, even though it was saved and paid for, well before we went away. I am not much of a spender/shopper and it always feels weird to actually spend money!
This photo is of the two of us, after having our anniversary dinner, at home, on Monday night. I can't make up my mind whether I look exhausted or relaxed!
We still spent some money going out for dinner and buying sushi for lunches(Sushi is just about our most favourite non home made food) We get the sushi from Soul about Sushi when we go to Maleny and we just love it.
While I love being frugal and it is just the way I live, it is nice to have a lovely treat every now and then. I also feel that being frugal for 95% of the time enables us to splurge for the other 5%.
So this week 5 frugal things on a Friday are:
1. Saved and blitzed the fruit and veggie scraps for the worm farm. I love this system as a way of recycling fruit and veggie scraps that the worms turn into worm juice/black gold. After I blitz the scraps I fold them into a newspaper parcel and pop it into the worm farm. This system gives the worms a balanced diet and keeps the worm farm humming along nicely, not too wet and not too dry.
3. Packed my lunch every day. We sit out side, in the sunshine, most days for our lunch break. I find I need that time outside to re-energise and be out of the air-conditioning for a while.
4. Made a Lime Cheesecake, to take to work, for our monthly morning tea. I had the biscuit crumb, eggs, strawberries, passionfruit and the lime juice (frozen) already in the house, so all I had to buy was two cans of ALDI condensed milk and voila, Lime Cheesecake
So, over to you, what did you get up to in the frugal living department this week?