Wednesday, 31 August 2016

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

We have had a fairly uneventful week, just daily work and some spring cleaning at home. I was able to finish the blinds and windows and lovely hubby has also pressure washed the outside of the house. So I really feel like we have had a good head start on the spring cleaning.

The next biggish job I want to tackle is the skirting boards and the walls, which all have marks of some sort on them. You know, you don't really notice the marks until you start to look! I will use good old Gumption cleaning paste on the walls and my all purpose cleaner on the skirting boards. It's another job that hasn't been done in a long time, I always say"I wish there was another me"

On the food front, this is what we have been buying and eating this past week-

What we bought
Shopping from Coles-Lovely hubby ended up buying 2 cans of their own brand of Coconut cream as they were out of the Ayam powdered coconut milk. 
The asian greens were on a good special-3 bunches for $5.00!
Aldi-$92.66, pretty pricey, the macadamia's and fruit, namely the Red Paw Paw's have pushed the price up this week.
And the Butcher
What we spent
ALDI-$92.66

Coles-$50.77

Nothling Brothers Quality Meats-$40.92


Total-$184.35
What we ate 
Wednesday-Chicken and Bacon Salad
Thursday-Smoked Salmon Pasta
Friday-Goan Fish Curry
Saturday, Sunday and Monday-Chicken and Ginger Congee. I made a huge pot of this comforting, nourishing dish. My Mother in law came home from hospital on Saturday and I always make this for her when she gets home.
Tuesday-Spaghetti Bolognese


So, tell me, what was on your families table this week?

2 comments:

  1. The other week we purchased a butchered goat from a friend who has a hobby farm. We enjoy having lovely goat curries but tomorrow I will try slow roasting the shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of courgettes and beans from the garden! Your lovely Tasmanian Pot Pies. As both our daughters were home this weekend we tried making Sushi from scratch and also made some pasta and had a go at making cappelletti.

    ReplyDelete