Wednesday, 24 August 2016

What we bought,spent and ate this week


Hello Dear Reader,

This week, I have started to do a bit of spring cleaning, I have chosen to tackle the windows and blinds first, as they are really in need of a good clean. Two week ago lovely hubby gave me a hand to clean the windows and blinds closest to the kitchen (four sets) after the accidental burning of dinner a while ago. There was a lingering smell of acrid smoke hanging around and I was pretty sure the blinds just opposite the kitchen were holding onto that smell. I was right, after cleaning those windows, blinds AND everything else around that area, the smell settled remarkably.

So, with cleaning one set of blinds and windows each afternoon, as well as the usual afternoon jobs, I have chosen to cook simple dinners that don't take a lot of time to throw together. We also had leftovers of Sundays dinner for Monday night and used up veggies in the fridge to make a veggie curry for Tuesday night. As my Mother in law is in hospital this week for her usual procedure, we are able to be a bit more relaxed in what we eat and at what time we eat.

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Woolworths and Nothling Brothers Quality Meats

What we spent

ALDI-$96.00 (Lovely Hubby bought a new garden hose, not pictured for $24.99)

Woolworths-$55.91

Coles-$6.84

Nothling Brothers Quality Meats-$40.91


Total-$199.66


What we ate 
Wednesday-Lovely Hubby cooked a whole Coronation Trout, Chinese style with ginger and spring onion. Our Son had caught this magnificent fish about 3 weeks ago. 

It was totally delicious

Thursday-Pizza night, I am loving their Deli Veggie with Camembert is becoming my new favourite. As usual we had vouchers to use for the Pizzas


Friday-Slow cooked Pork Chops with Apple, Fennel and Chilli sauce and Broccoli Salad



Saturday-Pumpkin, Silverbeet and Feta Savoury Rolls, same recipe as the Silverbeet and Feta Parcels with the addition of roast Pumpkin and formed into long rolls instead of triangles

Sunday-Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta Bake with Steamed Broccolini



Monday-leftover Creamy Chicken Pasta with Broccoli Salad


Tuesday-Thai red Veggie Curry with yoghurt, chutney and papadums

So, over to you, what was for dinner at your house this week?

3 comments:

  1. I love your weekly what we ate posts, it gives me so many good ideas!
    Those sausage rolls are going to be on my list for sure next week, while pumpkin is cheap, and while I have spinach growing in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, I also love looking at what other people are eating, it does give you good ideas, doesn't it? I made some more savoury rolls today, the pumpkin and lentil ones, to use up some pumpkin. I had bought a huge pumpkin awhile ago when they were on special, I am still wading our way through it.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. I made some Lentil, cheese & onion rolls as a vegetarian alternative to sausage rolls a couple of days ago and they were very well received. We are getting loads of aubergines from the garden so we had Hugh F-W's Aubergine & green bean curry one night and Coppa Cabana another night (I don't know what the original name of this recipe is! - it's become a family favourite.) Halved aubergines topped with sliced toatoes,roasted in the oven until soft then topped with coppa, mozzarella and pesto and grilled until melted. Delicious!!

    I will try your Moussaka as well.

    ReplyDelete