Friday, 16 September 2016

This weeks 5 frugal things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

I am back into the full swing of working, both at my paid job, and in my home, after having a week away, cruising, with my sister and extended family last week, it really went by so fast, as has this week.


I love having a little holiday away but I also love coming home to the simple life we have created for ourselves. My home is my sanctuary and my safe haven in a sometimes hectic world. No bought thing brings me more joy than being at home and doing all the simple everyday tasks that make my house a home. The smell of freshly washed and line dried clothes and fruit and spice sourdough, hot from the oven, bring me more satisfaction than the quick and easy version of both of these things. The difference is making the time to do these things that, ultimately, enrich my life and those of my little family.


 Time is marching on though, I can't believe we are half way through September already and the end of this year is fast approaching. Is time going too fast for you? I feel it is going by way too quickly. I do try and live in the moment and to really appreciate every facet of my daily life, if only I didn't require so much sleep, I would be able to get more done in the time I have at home.

This week 5 frugal things are-

1. Line dried all the washing





2. Made another batch of laundry liquid


3. Used the warm up water from the shower to keep the potted Figs and the Agave out the front, hydrated. The figs will need a bit of a trim back soon.




4. Patched a pillow case that was showing signs of wear


5. Pulped and froze an abundance of home grown passionfruit. I have frozen this delightful passionfruit pulp down into portions suitable for making batches of passionfruit butter. I am making some this weekend and will share how I make it with you soon.


So, over to you, what have you been up to on the frugal front?



The morning sun on the patio, at 5.51am, just before I posted this blog. Have a wonderful day, lovely readers and I hope the weekend ahead is a relaxing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment