Sunday, 30 October 2016

Chocolate, Date and Nut Bliss Balls

Hello Dear Reader,


A lovely lady at work was having morning tea recently and was just finishing a healthy bar of some kind, when I came into the tea room, as I am always interested in what people are eating (I know, weird hey!) I asked her what was in it and if it tasted nice. She said, it was just delicious and wouldn't it be good to be able to replicate it, because they were very expensive to buy.


When I looked at the ingredients, there wasn't anything complicated and all the ingredients were natural. I said I would try and make them as they seemed simple enough. So this is my version, of that little healthy bar, in bliss ball form. Enjoy

Ingredients for Chocolate, Date and Nut Bliss Balls, clockwise from top right-
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, 200 grams dates, 80 grams roasted almonds and 65 grams roasted cashews, 30 grams peanut butter and 10 grams tahini, 2 tablespoons cacao, 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
To the bowl of a Thermomix, add the dates and honey. Blitz for 10 seconds on speed 7, remove lid and scrape down sides
Blitz again for 10 seconds on speed 7. This is the "glue" that sticks everything together
Now add all other ingredients and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 7
Remove lid and scrape down sides, it will be very sticky and quite hard to scrape down
Blitz again for 10 seconds on speed 8. Remove mixture from TM bowl and roll into little balls. You can leave them "nude" or roll them in more shredded coconut


Delicious and wholesome


So, tell me, what bought food item have you replicated at home, that was just as good, if not better?

No comments:

Post a Comment