Friday, 14 October 2016

This weeks 5 Frugal things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

This past week, my Mother in law has been in hospital, for her normal 6th weekly, medical treatment. Leading up to this week, I was able to squirrel away some leftovers from three meals, this has meant that I haven't had to cook much this week. Sweet!

The meals that I was able to save leftovers from were the One Pan Mexican Chicken and Quinoa and two portions of Get Ahead Spaghetti Sauce. I made another Easy Lasagna out of one portion of the Spaghetti Sauce and made Steamed Potatoes with Sour Cream and grated cheese with the other. As for the Mexican Chicken and Quinoa I am going to make Flatbreads this afternoon to have with it and serve it with sour cream, Avocado and Tomato. YUM!

So having great leftovers in the freezer will be number one on the frugal Friday list

1. Used leftovers from the freezer for three dinners this week


2. Cleaned the house using home made cleaners, such as All Purpose Cleaner, Toilet Cleaner and Glass Cleaner


3. Packed my lunch everyday to take to work


4. Paid $60 each, per fortnight, to Council Rates and Unity Water, this means that at the end of a quarter there is very little to pay and are sometimes in credit. I am super careful with our water usage, even so we end up with an expensive bill, it is the sewage access costs and the fixed access charges that pushes the final cost up. This cost far out weighs what water we actually use!

5. Made a new ironing board cover from material I already had in my stash. I used the old worn out cover as a template and re-used the foam underlay. I just need to get to JJ's and buy some elastic to finish it off. I have to say, I love it! (And except for the elastic was free)


So, tell me, Dear Reader, what frugal or free things did you get up to this week?

2 comments:

  1. Fiona, as I have mentioned before I used to live down your way. I got a rude rates shock when I moved to regional Queensland. Our rates are roughly double to what you are paying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona. I love all your delicious recipes...always makes me hungry reading your blog! Frugality wise, I did up a menu plan which I'm now thankfully now in the habit of doing and I shopped to that. I also got a few good specials for things in my stockpile that I was running low on so was happy with that. All school and work lunches made here at home and lots of baking done for after-school afternoon teas. Picking and eating veg from garden and also was gifted a bag of ripe mulberries so made another large mulberry and apple pie. I bought some beautiful fabric today at 40% off sale and from that I will make two tops and a dress + get much needed practice of sewing skills. We have a fair few birthdays coming up soon so am happy to have a present box and some homemade gift items to choose from there. Have a happy weekend. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete