Wednesday, 12 October 2016

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

This past Monday was the second Monday, in a row, that I have had off, the first one was for the Queens Birthday and this weeks, was as an ADO from work. It was so lovely to have a three day weekend, two weeks in a row, but it really throws me off Wednesdays usual post, about what we bought, spent and ate. I only realised last night at 7.44pm that that was the case and very quickly put this post together. I am also a little out of whack, as my Mother in law is in hospital this week for her usual 6 weekly treatment and being able to stay home and sit at our own dinner table is so delightful, however, I forgot to take a photo of last nights dinner, sorry. I am out of kilter, aren't I?

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Woolworths and Coles
What we spent
ALDI-$44.75


Woolworths-$47.40

Coles-$7.85

Total-100.00 exactly
What we ate 
Wednesday-leftover Easy Lasagna with English Spinach
Thursday-Pizza Night, this was a new one we tried-Chicken Carbonara, it was very nice. We get our pizzas from Domino's and always use a discount voucher for them. I trick myself into believing we are getting them for a better price but I know deep down it is just a marketing ploy. 
Friday-Pan Fried Fish with my Big Tossed Salad with Balsamic and Basil salad dressing
Saturday-Honey Prawns, Steamed Basmati Rice and English Spinach
Sunday-BBQ Pork and Roast Belly Pork, bought from China Town as a treat, with Steamed Basmati Rice and Choy Sum
Monday-Stir Fried Prawns with Steamed Basmati Rice and Choy Sum. The fisherman (AKA lovely hubby) had taken out too many prawns from the freezer on Saturday, so he used them up on Monday, in this great stir fry, with ginger, garlic, spring onion, light soy and sesame oil. YUM


I have no photo of last nights dinner, but we had the remainder of the BBQ pork with Steamed Basmati Rice, Steamed Broccoli and a fluffy asian Omelette with sesame sauce and oyster sauce. Another, almost instant dinner! I love leftovers!



So, tell me, what was on your family dinner table, this week?

PS. Perishable groceries not used this week were the Cauliflower and the Red Paw Paw. The Cauliflower was supposed to be used in a veggie curry that didn't occur but will be used this week in Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce and the Red Paw Paw, just isn't quite ripe yet, may by Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos (so clear) and your recipes. I'm virtually housebound with illness but love your posts - they get me going each day! Our shopping is similar right down to the Domino's night - we have that for our night off too and think their quality has improved. They are giving the boutique pizza companies some competition. I've have tried many of your cleaning recipes and tips now - many thanks! Don't know how you find the time in each day to achieve it all every day. You are very inspiring! regards, Jenny in Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  2. The highlights of our meals this last week were a great BBQ (probably the last for this year :( ), a favourite courgette and sweetcorn bake and leeks are back on the menu - hurray!

    ReplyDelete