Wednesday, 19 October 2016

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

At the risk of repeating myself, again, isn't time just flying by? I guess it has also to do with the rhythm of my life, up early, go to work, get home from work, get stuck into the housework, cook dinner, walk the dogs, eat dinner and go to bed early then it's up early again and so on. I know I am not unique in this lifestyle and that, to most of us, this is a normal day.

I also know we are all affected by what life throws at us and I don't think any of us can escape the stressors of life completely. I try to limit too much real life or fake life coming into my life by not watching commercial TV, not reading magazines and not going shopping without a reason. I would much rather stay at home and cook, sew or garden any day of the week. I am very lucky, in that lovely hubby (AKA The Fisherman) does the grocery shopping for us every week and he is very good at sticking to the list. So, here is what he bought last Wednesday.

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Nothlings Quality Meats, Coles and Woolworths

What we spent
ALDI-$30.80

Woolworths-$64.05

Coles-$21.84

Nothlings Quality Meats-$34.25

Extras from Coles and ALDI over the weekend-$50.25

Total-$202.19
What we ate 
Wednesday-Easy Lasagna, again. I made this dish from the Get Ahead Spaghetti Sauce that I had in the freezer. Lovely Hubby's Uncle was here for dinner, as they had visited my Mother in law in hospital that day. I served it with steamed broccoli
Thursday-More of the Get Ahead Spaghetti Sauce, this time served on a steamed potato, sour cream, grated cheese and a splash of chilli sauce
Friday-we took a little trip down Mexico way, with some leftover 
One Pan Mexican Chicken and Quinoa from the freezer, homemade flat bread, avocado, tomato, coriander and sour cream, so delish
Saturday and Tuesday-Chicken and Ginger Congee

Sunday and Monday-Roast Lamb with Rosemary Roast Potatoes, Cauliflower in Cheese Sauce, Roast Pumpkin, Steamed Asparagus, real gravy and mint jelly. I cooked the lamb roast in my clay pot. I just love cooking in my Schlemmertopf clay pot, as the meat turns out so very tender. 


So, over to you, what was on your families table this week?

1 comment:

  1. I made a smoked salmon gratin to have with the last of the beans from the garden. And yesterday we were given some wild boar which I made in to a tagine - it was very tasty!

    Your Mexican wrap looks delicious - I must try that out.

    ReplyDelete