Monday, 21 November 2016

My Best Beef Rissoles

Hello Dear Reader,

I got this recipe from a friend, years ago, he had brought them along to a BBQ we had and everyone just loved them. I think it's the sweet/savoury flavour of the ABC sauce that wins everyone over. I make this beef rissole mix every time we go camping, to have for one of our dinners, they are also divine on a bread roll or wrap, with BBQ sauce and sliced tomato, the next day for lunch. It must be the salt air that makes me really hungry and everything tastes better at the beach.

I mix a batch of these rissoles and freeze it down into a small flat tupperware container, then when we are camping I simply defrost the mix and roll them into rissoles as I put them on the BBQ. Easy and delicious.

Ingredients for Best Beef Rissoles, from top right-
2 spring onions, sliced finely or 1 brown onion, diced finely, 2 cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane, 1 egg, 1 carrot, peeled and grated, 500 grams lean beef mince, 1/2 cup bread crumbs, 1/4 cup chutney or 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 cup ABC sauce, salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to a large bowl
Using wet hands, give everything a really good mix
Put into a container and freeze until needed or use straight away


So, tell me, what is your favourite camping recipe?

4 comments:

  1. I love a good rissole! And I use the same mix as rissoles, burger patties or meatballs.
    I've never even bought ABC sauce before, I might have to try it.
    I put Worcestershire sauce in mine, but not as much as you do, I might increase the quantity next time, and see if we like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! Can't wait to give this a try, thanks Fiona! One of our fav camping meals is burritos (mince & red kidney beans cooked in mexican spices, with salad, grated cheese, sweet chilli sauce & sour cream in a tortilla wrap) or having the burrito meat mixture on top of microwaved jacket potatoes, with the cheese, sweet chilli sauce & sour cream. Simple, quick, easy & delicious! Have a great day, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fi, I tried this out tonight and it was great! I take it the ABC sauce is sweet soy/keecap manis (and that's what I used) and the rissoles were very tender and moist - just the way we like them. Thanks so much for this recipe. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone likes my rissoles here as well. I think they are a very underated way to use up mince. Great in the winter with mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy. I mix mince with an egg grated carrot, grated zucchini and diced onion along with seasoning and a very good glug of BBQ and tomato sauce and a dash of soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete