Tuesday, 22 November 2016

My Best Guacamole

Hello Dear Reader,

As you probably know by now, nothing is ever wasted in our home, especially fruit and veggies. I will do almost anything to prevent waste of fresh produce as I understand how hard it is to grow really beautiful fruit and veggies and how much water it takes for them to reach their full potential. I had bought 3 rock-hudson-hard avocados from ALDI last Thursday and as I love to have an egg on avocado and vegemite toast for breakfast on the weekends I put the avo's in a brown paper bag with a ripe banana to see if I could ripen one up for the weekend breakfasts.

I managed to get one ripe-ish for Sunday breakfast, but it unfortunately had some brown marks through it, it tasted fine, it just didn't look gorgeous. With the other two, I checked them again on Tuesday afternoon, and they had gone a bit too far, they were very soft and also had some brown marks through them. Only one thing for them-a great Guacamole! That fixed them right up.


Ingredients

2 ripe avocados
1 very ripe medium tomato, diced
1 spring onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, grated on a microplane
Juice of 1/2 a lime
1/4 teaspoon crushed chilli
A small handful of coriander, chopped finely
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method

Mash the avocados with the lime juice and salt and pepper
Add all other ingredients and mix well

The lime juice will keep the avocado looking gorgeously green. I had mine with some brown rice crackers for lunch.

So, tell me, how do save, almost passed it, fruit and veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment