Wednesday, 23 November 2016

Our most favourite place in the world

Hello Dear Reader,


Welcome to my most favourite place in the world, Noosa North Shore.


This place has a very special place in my heart, my darling Mum and Dad would bring us here from Gympie, for day trips, fishing and swimming. I can vividly remember the squeaky white sand and the sparkling blue, blue water, it brings me so much contentment and simple joy. Mum would pack us a great lunch, all the buckets and spades and our most loved beach towels and togs. The smells, sights and sounds of the beach touch me bone deep and I feel a special connection to this part of the world. We camp on an unpowered site as we have solar panels that keep everything humming along nicely. We have a camp fridge/freezer that is so wonderful to have, keeping all of our provisions super cold as well as being able to freeze down any fish we catch.


Not that we have had much luck with fish so far, lovely hubby has only caught 8 fish, 6 Whiting and 2 Bream, but we have until Friday for our luck to change. The above photo is of the hugest blue bottle I have ever seen! It would give you a nasty sting if it got wrapped around you. I will leave you with some more photos of our camping week at Noosa North Shore. Enjoy.





Have a wonderful day, see you tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, looks so beautiful and peaceful! Hope you are having a great, relaxing holiday! You deserve some wonderful R&R. Just wanted to let you know I made your Best Beef Rissoles last night, they were so tasty - the only problem was that my hubbie burned them on the BBQ, so the outside was very charred (even though he is normally fantastic on the BBQ & cooked them on low). I think the sugars in the chutney & sweet soy must burn easily. Do you have any cooking tips so we can enjoy them less charred next time? And what size do you make your rissoles, maybe I made mine too small... Many thanks for all that you share on your blog, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, yes I have to admit to burning the bum off some of these rissoles in my time, we cook on a good heavy based frypan when we are camping and they don't seem to "catch" quite so much as when cooking on a BBQ, sorry about that. I make a good even dozen from this mix, probably another thing I should have mentioned.
      I am having some problems with the new format of blogger so I won't be able to blog again until I am back home. I have been blogging from a very old laptop that just not coping with change !

      Delete
    2. Ha ha!! I had to laugh at your "burning the bum off"!! Thanks for your reply. I will make them bigger next time (as I made up 20 smaller ones the first time), and will try and cook in a frypan (not sure ours is very heavy based, but will give it a go!). Enjoy the rest of your hols. Kelly

      Delete
  2. Wonderful shot of the cuttle fish in the sand - you should enlarge it and frame it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr H, it's a nice shot isn't ? We stumbled upon it when walking the beach, some kids must have been playing with them. I just have my trusty aim n shoot camera with me so I was happy with how it turned out.

      Delete