Monday, 5 December 2016

Fresh Apple Salsa

Hello Dear Reader,

We had some lovely pork chops for dinner on Monday night and I was going to make a simple apple sauce to go with it, after all apples and pork are best friends, however, I had in my head that a salsa made with apples would be super delish, so I went searching for a recipe for just that. I found one over at "Mels Kitchen Cafe" and it was a hit. Crunchy apple, spiced with red onion, lime juice, red capsicum and coriander. Such a great combination of flavours and so right with the pork chops.

Ingredients for Fresh Apple Salsa, clockwise from top right- 1/2 cup red capsicum, chopped, 2 cups of green apple, chopped, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/4 cup coriander, finely chopped, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a good grind of pepper
Combine all ingredients in a non metallic bowl and let flavours mingle for half and hour before serving




Beautiful with pork chops or pork roast.

So, tell me, what is your families favourite fruit with meat combination?



No comments:

Post a Comment