Friday, 9 December 2016

This weeks 5 frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

Image result for the less i needed the better i felt

It's Friday, already! I think these weeks are flying by and Christmas is fast approaching. How are you going with your preparations for Christmas? Whatever your preparations are, I hope you are not too stressed and are taking care of yourself.

I try and stay away from the shops as much as I can, that's all year round, but especially at this time of year. If I do need to go, I make a complete list of what I need to buy, and get in and out as fast as I can. I don't get pleasure from window shopping, never have. I have just never been a shopper. I know it sounds totally boring and I definitely wouldn't be the person to ask what the latest fashion or "in thing" is, but it works for me. I find, these days, the less I have, the happier I feel.

So, this weeks 5 frugal things are-
 
1. Cut up and made Caramelised Cinnamon Apples with some "a bit past it" apples


2. Used up all fresh fruit and veggies before buying more. I only every buy enough fresh fruit and veggies to last us the week, this system works for us as we live very close to the three major supermarkets and there is also a beach front market on every weekend, if we wish to buy from there. I don't see the sense in buying extra food"just in case" and I believe firmly in only buying what you will use.

3. Blitzed some bread ends into breadcrumbs and froze them. I do this regularly and just keep adding to the container in the freezer. It is so handy to have, stashed away in the freezer, for when I just need a cup or so for a recipe.


4. Line dried all the washing, we have had some very welcomed rain this week from tropical storms, so even though it was a bit rainy there was still plenty of sunshine to get the washing dry. There has been a record number of lightening strikes in Southeast Queensland, the light shows have been incredible.


5. Bought all the supplies I needed for Christmas baking at "Simply Good", a fantastic bulk food store, where you can buy exactly how much you need for a particular recipe. Excellent quality and price. And there is absolutely no waste as you only buy as much as you need. SWEET


That's my 5 Frugal things for this week, now it's your turn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment