Wednesday, 7 December 2016

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

We have had a very hot week with lots of storm activity, just as you would expect from one of our Summers. The great news is we have had lots of rain and thankfully no hail. Where we are, we tend to miss out on rain, with storms often going around us, but not this week. I love rain, it means I don't need to stand out there with the hose, watering for an hour or so, 3 times a week, rain is such a blessing.

 I have been busy in the garden, removing old, spent, potting mix and planting out some new seedlings and just generally tidying the garden. A garden required lots of hard work and time, I can do the hard work, it's the time I don't have enough of. I dream of the day, when I can stay at home and just potter, filling my days with home life and reap the rewards of a self sustaining home. Well, thats the dream, anyway.

Now onto what we bought, spent and ate this past week.

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Woolworths and Nothlings Quality Meats

 What we spent
ALDI-$70.85

Woolworths-$40.90

Nothlings Quality Meats-$40.54

Coles-(not photographed) extras spent on Tuesday arvo-$37.75

Total-$152.29
What we ate
Wednesday-Chicken and Ginger Congee, a dish I always make when my Mother in law comes home from hospital. It is always comforting and nutritious


Thursday-Is my night off, my Mother in law shouts us dinner, tonight we had Seafood Ho Fun from our local Chinese takeaway. I just cooked some extra asian greens at home


Friday-Tempura Whiting, steamed basmati rice and broccolini


Saturday-Beef Sausages with home made coleslaw and mashed potato
Sunday-Pork in Ale with steamed Asparagus (recipe coming soon)

Monday-Tempura Whiting, steamed Basmati rice and Choy Sum


Tuesday-Bacon Carbonara with Steamed Asparagus


So, over to you, what was on your table this week?









3 comments:

  1. I cherish the same dream Fiona. Well at least its hump day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bacon carbonara looks delicious. I often use canned tuna, mushrooms, onion and cream with pasta instead of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meals always look fabulous. And, I too am looking forward to that flexibility. I'm hoping to get part of the way there in six-ish months, by switching to a part time role.

    As for meals, we've had: homemade naan bread pizza, grilled chicken & Persian rice, oven baked chicken risotto, leftovers, hot dogs surrounded in crescent rolls (my 9 & 10 year old boys made dinner) & then we'll have leftovers. I typically cook three meals on weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) that provide leftovers, and then use those during the week, combined with other easy to serve dinners.

    ReplyDelete