Tuesday, 6 December 2016

Whey Crepes in the Thermomix

Hello Dear Reader,

My Mother in law has recently spent three weeks in hospital, she has a serious lung disease and she has really been battling of late. She eats like a baby bird but does drink loads of milk with milo mixed into it. As she went into hospital rather suddenly there were 2 X 2 litres of full cream milk in her fridge. I bought one home and froze the other for later. As we don't drink dairy milk, I made home made ricotta with both of them and in doing that I created nearly 2 litres of whey. Not that I am complaining, as whey is so super versatile and I often use it in place of milk in recipes. So that is how this little recipe came about. I think the whey make these crepes even lighter and you could use them in either savoury or sweet recipes. This time I chose sweet and served them with mixed berries, ricotta and maple syrup.

Ingredients for Whey Crepes, clockwise from top right-
1 tablespoon sugar (omit if going down the savoury road, instead add a pinch of salt) 1 1/2 cups of whey, 3 eggs, 40 grams of melted butter and 1 cup plain flour
Add all ingredients to the TM bowl
Blitz until smooth and silky. Chill in the fridge for at least one hour
Cook crepes in a lightly buttered non stick, heavy based fry pan. I served ours with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, home made ricotta and maple syrup. Utterly delicious
So, tell me, how do you use up excess milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment