Sunday, 29 January 2017

Coconut and Lime Fish Wraps

Hello Dear Reader,

I have been reading lots of recipes, for a long time now, about fish tacos and really wanted to give them a whirl. The main thing that was stopping me was the length of ingredients and time it would take to put them together. I am all about really quick and delicious meals, except for, of course, when I am using my slow cooker. So, when I saw this recipe, I knew it was for me. The flavours, to begin with, are among my absolute favs and the ingredients and cooking time were just perfect. I didn't have time to marinade the fish but it still turned out delicious. So, I say give it a go, it is a really lovely light and fresh dinner. I steamed some rice to go with it to make it a complete meal.

Ingredients for Coconut and Lime Fish Wraps, clockwise from top right- 500 grams of mild flavours fish, cut into small fillets (I used Yellow Tail King fish), a good handful each of mint and coriander, 3 teaspoons of lime rind, grated, 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs, about half a cucumber,  270 ml can coconut cream (I use Ayam brand), 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli, 1/3 cup shredded coconut, sweet chilli sauce and wraps to serve

In shallow bowl mix together the coconut cream and the grated lime zest

Marinade fish for 3 hours, if time permits, I didn't have time and it was more than fine

While fish is marinating, in a small bowl, mix together the coconut, panko breadcrumbs and chilli. Set aside till needed

Peel cucumber into long ribbons and combine with finely chopped mint and coriander, mix together well

Line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove fish from marinade, place onto tray and spoon over a spoonful of marinade on each piece 

Top fish with breadcrumb mixture, giving it a light press as you go

Bake for 10 minutes at 180C or until golden brown and cooked through

To serve, lay your warmed wrap on your plate, spoon over some rice, lay a fish fillet on top of the rice and top with cucumber salad, sweet chilli sauce and a wedge of lime to spritz over the top of everything before devouring. Simple and just divine.

Have you made fish tacos before? How do you make yours?

One Year Ago

2 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, we'll definitely give these a go, they look really delicious and healthy! Thanks for the recipe! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolutely divine, light and delicious. Have a wonderful Sunday.
      Fi

      Delete