Wednesday, 25 January 2017

What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

We have finally got some cooler whether, Thank heavens for that! Sunday was the first day, in a long time that we didn't have the air conditioning on. I am dreading our electricity bill this quarter, but I just couldn't cope living in a hot box.

I am also glad I can now spend some time out side, in my garden. I spent the grand total of $16.40 on some seeds and planted them out, I have bought Rocket, Thyme, Italian Parsley, Chinese Broccoli and Apple Cucumber. I bought the seeds from the little garden centre, at Rothwell, as I feel they need the business more than the larger (still privately owned) garden centre or Bunnings. I am all about shopping local and supporting the little guys. I have been going out every morning and late afternoon to give them a good water, hopefully they will grow well where I have planted them.

Now on with what we bought, spent and ate.

What we bought

Shopping from ALDI, Woolworths and Coles

What we spent
ALDI-$86.50

Woolworths$87.12

Coles-$14.11

Nothling Quality Meats-$23.55

Extra's from Coles on Sunday-3 x lemons, Quinoa and Washing Soda-$11.95

TOTAL-$223.23 Yikes! it's getting up there again!

What we ate
Wednesday-Coconut and Lime Fish Taco's (recipe coming soon) So Delicious and fresh!

Thursday-Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

Friday-Home made BBQ Chicken with Watermelon and Feta salad

Saturday and Tuesday-Chicken and Ginger Congee (you guessed it, my Mother in law came home from hospital)

Sunday-Spinach and Ricotta Pie with a big tossed salad

Monday-Tempura Whiting with steamed basmati rice and snow peas

Thats as wrap! Over to you, what's been on your table this week?

4 comments:

  1. As funny as it sounds I'd love the recipe/method for your home BBQ chicken, it looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Cheryl, I will share the whole recipe soon, it's done in the BBQ and you rub it with a mixture of smoked paprika, brown sugar, onion, garlic and honey. You then bake it on a bed a rock salt, believe it or not it makes the chicken super tender and moist. I promise to post the whole recipe soon. Have a lovely day
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your meals always look delicious, Fiona. Spinach and ricotta pie ... YUM! We are still eating lots of salads here due to the heat ... I made a big roast veg and quinoa salad the other day and it's been great for serves at dinner and lunch. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete