Saturday, 18 February 2017

My Garden Tools

Hello Dear Reader,

I have a few favourite garden tools that make my life a little easier in the garden. I have collected these over the years, never paying a huge sum of money for them, but not buying the cheapest either. They are more than sufficient for my needs as I am not a huge gardener (yet) and I suppose, if I get really good at this gardening caper, I will indeed invest in better tools. But for the moment these will do.
A shovel and a garden fork, both bought from ALDI, 7 years ago for $20 each. They have been more than sufficient for my needs. I like them, as they are light weight

Loppers and clippers for keeping larger plants and palms under control. Lovely hubby keeps them sharp and oiled so they are in good working order

My collection of small, well used tools, from far left
2 x hand clippers, the one on left was inherited from hubby's Gran, a "sharp pointy thing on a handle" its great for getting in between the pavers and tight spaces to dig out weeds, another "sharp pointy thing with a handle" I use this for planting out seedlings and seeds, a hand fork, another mystery object that I use for weeding, a hand shovel and a well worn pair of gardening gloves. The spray bottle contains my home made weed killer and it works a treat!

Any gardeners out there? What are your favourite tools for the garden?

4 comments:

  1. Fiona,
    I have the same red garden tool (third from the left) and it was purchased from the horse section at the farm store. It was labeled a hoof pick but I thought it would be handy to use for weeding. Over the years, it has helped me pop out a thousand weeds in my yard (but I still have thousands more to go). It is amazing how much you grow in a relatively small yard. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I can't even remember buying it, maybe it was hubby? I do love it because it gets the whole of the weed out, nothing is left behind to grow again as they tend to do. I wish I had more time to spend in my garden, one day!
      Thanks for reading and have a lovely week.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. Yay I found you! Been reading through your blog and really like what I see. Your mystery object is designed mainly for digging weeds out of lawns. I love mine.
    Cheers, Karen near Gympie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does a fab job at getting the whole weed out, doesn't it? I love it too.
      Fi

      Delete