Sunday, 16 April 2017

Happy Easter 2017

Hello Dear Reader,


I hope everyone has a truly lovely Easter with lots of time to spend with loved ones, enjoying great company and wonderful food.  We are so enjoying these few days off, with this extra long weekend. Lovely Hubby and I are on our own, for the first time, for this Easter holiday. It is really weird! Our son has gone with friends to northern NSW and out daughter decided, with our encouragement, not to travel down again as she has had a super busy past few months. While it is strange, it has been quite a lovely break, just spending time at home and pottering.


The house had been quite neglected with stuff that had been just left for a long time. I have been sorting, catching up on some overdue cleaning and washing, baking bread, starting off some projects that I had been putting off and just generally being at home.


We did have one outing, yesterday, to pick up our computer which had gone on the fritz. It's an Apple and the only place we could take it to was Carindale shopping centre, it's about a 40 minute drive from us over the Gateway, and it just happens to be a super big and super busy shopping centre. Not our scene at all. You can imagine how busy it was on Easter Saturday, everyone was out in force, dressed to the nines and shopping like there was no tomorrow. I did take some photos of a beautiful florist with some really gorgeous bouquets, so lovely.


Lovely Hubby and I probably stuck out like a sore thumb, dressed cleanly but comfortably (jeans, t-shirt and comfy shoes) Our plan was to get in and out as quickly as possible and that is exactly what we did. We looked at the map, online, to see where the Apple shop was, looked for parking that was as close as we could get and made a Bee-line for the Apple store. We did have a look at a wonderful fresh food market and picked up a punnet of Raspberries for $3.99 and we also went into a Newsagent to pick up a "new to me"  magazine I thought I would like to read. The magazine looks like it is right up my ally, it's called Earth Garden and I am really looking forward to reading it from cover to cover over the next few days. As a rule I never buy magazines but this one feels different, I think I will learn more about simple living, it's the life I am aiming for after all. Apart from these two other stores and Apple we were in and out in an hour and a half. The Apple store was super busy with many customers and staff. The vibe is laid back but quite efficient. There is a store greeter, who asks what you are there for and then directs you to a certain table to be served. You are then quite quickly seen by a staff member who are all dressed in casual attire (Navy Apple slogan t-shirt and what ever casual pants they want) The whole experience was a positive one and we were both happy to have our computer up and running again.


On the food front, as it has only been the two of us, we have kept it really simple. On Thursday night, I made a delicious Pasta and Broccoli Bake, there was enough left over for lunch on Friday. For Friday night, I made a Fish Pie and again there was enough left over to have for dinner last night. For tonight Lovely Hubby is making a Prawn Stir fry and then tomorrow we are having a family lunch of Lamb and Turkey Roast (My darling sister is roasting Turkey Drumsticks) with roast veggies followed by a Chocolate Hot Cross Bun, Bread and Butter Pudding. We are getting our small family together to enjoy a lovely meal and to spend some precious time together.

Stay safe over the rest of the Easter break, I hope you all get a chance to relax and have fun with your family.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate with you regarding shopping centres. I'm in and out as quickly as I can and dressed comfortably. I would much rather be at home.

    Sounds like you received a great service at Apple and I'm glad your computer is fixed.

    Enjoy your family lunch tomorrow. We all got together today for a roast to celebrate Dad's Birthday. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete