Monday, 8 May 2017

My New Window Cleaner Recipe

Hello Dear Reader,

Just a quick one today. Recently I purchased a kit of essential oils from doTERRA and I have been making all sorts of things with these amazing oils. They are so pure and ethically made and they are safe for ingestion and use around the home without the worry of anything toxic. In saying that you still need to know what you are doing and you must treat these volatile oils with respect.

I have been using and loving this homemade glass and mirror cleaner for ages now, but when I read about this beaut little "recipe" for cleaning mirrors and glass I just had to give it a go. It is now my go to cleaner for these things. Talk about sparkle.

Ingredients for My New Window Cleaner-1 & 1/2 cups plain white vinegar, 1/2 cup water and 8 drops of doTERRA Lemon oil

Add all ingredients to an empty 500 ml spray bottle and shake well

I tried to take a photo, of a not so clean mirror, turns out, it is quite hard to get a good clear photo of a dirty mirror! 

Simply spray on and wipe clean with a lint free cloth, so shiny and sparkly and it smells so fresh and clean

It costs just cents to make, isn't toxic and is easy to make and use, it is another great homemade cleaning product. I love making and using these homemade cleaners and can't imagine buying shop bought ones again. I know it saves me money but in the end it is also saving the environment with less toxic products coming into and going out of my home.

What homemade cleaner is your favourite?

3 comments:

  1. I can't go past the Miracle Spray from My Abundant Life. That stuff is gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to pick a favourite because I like them all. Homemade gumption would probably come out on top. I think it is the best for the kitchen sink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big fan of Miracle Spray. I have heard that spiders do not like lemon smell (or essence) so I wonder if it would deter them from making webs around outside windows? Might pay to spray a bit around the edges...

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete