Friday, 26 May 2017

This Weeks 5 Frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

As promised last week, I have tried to take photos of frugal stuff I do, that don't include food, well I failed, as food did make an appearance, sorry, I just can't help it! I guess food is a really important part of our lives and it can also be the most expensive outlay it we aren't careful. I try and keep the cost down by only buying what we need for that week, using absolutely everything up so there is no waste, eating less meat, substituting ingredients if I happen not to have what the recipe calls for, and cooking from scratch most nights. I know this is nothing new but it works for us.

1. Dried and saved the seeds from some Rosella's I bought from the markets recently. I use the petals of the Rosella to make the most divine tea. I will plant the seeds out when the time is right



2. I noticed that some garlic cloves has started to sprout so I planted them in a pot, using this method, we'll see how this little experiment goes



3. Made another batch of laundry liquid using this "recipe" I find it excellent, easy to make and very economical


4. Made a cake to take to work for our monthly morning tea, I made a Raspberry and Yoghurt cake using this recipe as it is easy to make, I had all the ingredients in the house already and it tastes just divine. I am yet to take a photo of it before it is cut, I just keep forgetting. I served it with whipped cream with lime zest, everyone loved it. 




5. Line dried all the washing, we have had no rain, great for the washing, sad for the garden


So, that was my frugal week, how did you go on the frugal front?


1 comment:

  1. I found some old washing powder recently which we bought to take camping with us ages ago. I haven't used it because I have a front loader, and it is top loader powder, I'm led to believe (but could be wrong) that front loader powder is designed to have less suds than top loader powder, anyway I threw caution to the wind, and used it in my front loader, as it was going hard and I didn't want to waste it, it worked just fine! A frugal action, because if I hadn't decided to use it it would likely have gone to waste!

    ReplyDelete