Thursday, 15 June 2017

Here and Now 3

Hello Dear Reader,

It's that time of the month again for my "Here and Now" post. I will attempt to link up with "Say Little Hen" and others for the first time today. As I mentioned last month I love this concept as a form of mindfulness, being aware of what is going on in your life, big and small.

Loving//Having lunch outside in the sunshine while at work, I get to unplug for half an hour while warming up in the winter sunshine


Eating//Bowl after bowl of warming Feijoada, I made this dish for a family get together on Sunday evening and we finally finished it on Tuesday. Not having to cook for another two nights was glorious


Drinking//Some spectacular teas from T2. For my birthday, back in May, I received two really beautiful teas which I have been savouring daily.



Feeling//Anticipation-I can't wait to get out into the garden this weekend to see what the magic of rain has done to my garden


Making//Individual Baked Egg Custards for a midweek treat


Thinking//That it is half way through this year and I must keep going on "My Year of Less Stuff"

Dreaming//Of our trip of a lifetime which is actually happening in August this year, here is a clue


Have a lovely day.


9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of the teapot and cup and saucer!
    The angle of the sun highlights them both beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the sun shining through the tea pot and tea cup just lovely. The sun touches only a small part of my kitchen but it always brings me joy to see it. Have a lovely weekend.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. OH, egg custards. I haven't made them in forever. Must do that soon as we love them! HOw lovely to be heading off on the "trip of a lifetime", wonderful! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, isn't it funny how your tastes change, when I was younger I didn't like this dessert, but I am making up for it now. Have a lovely weekend.
      Fi

      Delete
  3. I have just been nudged into commenting on another blog I enjoy by the writer saying it is much nicer and encouraging when people comment so I also wanted to comment on your blog which I enjoy very much. Thank you for all your hard work in writing it. I live in England and love seeing the differences between our two countries, weather, wildlife etc. However there are many things which are common to us all- family, frugality, cooking etc. Keep up the good work!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,
      Thanks for leaving a comment, they really do make you want to continue with blogging. I know I am not a wonderful writer but I still love it, so I will keep going. I also love to read blogs from different parts of the world, I find it fascinating. Have a lovely weekend.
      Fi

      Delete
  4. Looking around for garden magic is always such a treat, isn't it? Makes up for the dreariness of wet and rainy weather. I clicked through from your "Here & Now" to your "Year of Less Stuff", and it's something I really need to do as well. Hubby is a keeper and I'm a cleaner - not great for relationship harmony, haha! We culled a lot of things during our last move, but always seem to struggle with the "might be useful someday" or "I hate it but it's good quality/valuable/etc." I think the local charity shops will be getting a hefty donation of goods on our next move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely things in your Here & Now Fiona!
    Hurray for remembering to link in this time too :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baked custard and hot tea! It all sounds so lovely! :-) Megan

    ReplyDelete