Saturday, 10 June 2017

What we bought, spent and ate this week


Hello Dear Reader,

Well, it's that time of the week already, a wrap up of what we bought, spent and ate this week, I feel this past week has just flown by, what about you? As I mentioned yesterday I am busy at home and work and my days have just been evaporating before my eyes. That is where menu planning comes in handy, no matter how chaotic my days are, dinner is always sorted. One less thing to worry about. 

Last week, my fridge, freezer and pantry seemed a little full, so I decided to use up everything I had on hand that had been hanging around for a while. There was a bunch of asian greens, a small heart of cos lettuce, lots of fruit, 2 x 500 gram lots of beef mince and some slow cook beef. As I didn't need to buy quite so much, our weekly grocery bill was a bit more reasonable this week.

What we bought
Shopping from Coles. I bought the Quinoa to make Quinoa Bircher Muesli with fruit that I have been having for morning tea, at work. I find it very filling and it sustains me through the busiest part of the day. Recipe coming soon. 

Shopping from the Rothwell Fruit Barn. I had already started making home made yoghurt before I took this photo, hence the empty bottle of milk

Shopping from Aldi

Shopping from the Sunday Jetty Markets. The Chorizo is for the Feijoada I am making tomorrow and lovely hubby thought"The Godfather" salami (on the left) looked good. He must have been hungry as he bought the spicy roasted macadamias as well. He has expensive tastes.

What we spent
Coles-$22.45 plus $4.11 later in the week for a few potatoes, and some cream

Rothwell Fruit Barn-$16.28

Aldi-$15.60

Markets-$43.00

TOTAL-101.44
What we ate
Saturday-Leftovers-Chicken and Potato Salad Roll (no photo, sorry), the boys had gone fishing up to Double Island Point, last Saturday and bought a BBQ chicken, potato salad and rolls to have for lunch (our sons shout) there was some left over, so I had that for dinner. The boys had eaten quite late and were exhausted from their day, so didn't feel like any dinner. I was also exhausted after driving up to an open garden in Crystal Waters, near Maleny. It is quite the drive and I am certainly out of practice, driving long distances. Anyway I was just so grateful that I didn't have to cook dinner that night and the chicken and salad roll was just delicious

Sunday-Good old fashioned slow cooker beef stew with maple roasted pumpkin and Silverbeet Stem Gratin

Monday-Pan fried reef fish with Potato, Avocado and Watercress salad

Tuesday-Cheesy Meatball Skillet with angle hair pasta, maple roasted pumpkin and steamed broccoli

Wednesday-Tempura Whiting, steamed basmati rice and asian greens, I had forgotten to take a photo so this is an old one from a few weeks ago. On this particular night we had the Choy Sum

Thursday-Mince and egg with steamed basmati rice and some home grown Bok Choy plus one older bunch left over in the fridge. It as a bit sad looking, so I gave it a good soak in iced water, that fixed it right up!

Friday-Prawns with lemon, chilli and garlic with garlic parmesan crumb and angel hair pasta with steamed broccoli

Does your grocery bill ebb and flow from week to week? And do you like to give your fridge, freezer and pantry a really good clear out every now and then?

No comments:

Post a Comment