Lightest, Fluffiest Pancakes


Canadian Breakfast: Pancakes, Bacon and Maple Syrup 

With today being Shrove Tuesday, I thought I would post my best recipe for pancakes. Shrove Tuesday is a day in February or March that precedes Ash Wednesday which is the start of Lent, in some countries it is celebrated by eating Pancakes in preparation for the leaner eating in Lent. Shrove Tuesday comes from the word "Shrive" meaning "Absolve"

These Pancakes are an absolute joy to make and eat. Again I use my Thermomix, but this recipe could easily be made in a food processor or just a mixing bowl and whisk.

I adapted the recipe from here. I use the Whey that is leftover from making Ricotta. I then freeze the rest of the whey in 350 grams lots for whipping up more delicious Pancakes.

We ate these Pancakes for Sunday Breakfast, with Bacon and maple syrup, so delicious.

By the way, if you do make the batter up the day before, it will thicken up, DO NOT be tempted to thin it down. It will lose its fluffiness if you do.

Ingredients

25 grams Butter

350 grams Whey or Milk

1 egg

10 grams vanilla paste

60 grams white sugar

1/4 teaspoon Bicarb Soda

350 grams SR Flour

Method

Measure 60 grams sugar in TM bowl, 3 seconds on speed 10

Add 350 grams whey/milk, 1 egg, vanilla paste, 25 grams butter, 15 seconds on speed 4

Add 1/4 teaspoon Bicarb Soda, 350 grams SR flour, 20 seconds on speed 5

Ingredients for Lightest, Fluffiest Pancakes 

Add sugar to Thermomix Bowl and Blitz 

Add Whey, Egg, and Butter and Blitz 

Whey, Eggs, Butter and Sugar after being Blitzed 

Add SR flour and Bicarb Soda and Blitz 

I usually make the Pancake mixture up the night before I want to use it 

When the bubbles appear on the surface of the pancakes it's time to flip 

Golden brown, fluffy and delicious.

So, tell me, do you celebrate Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day? What is your favourite topping for Pancakes? 

No comments

Back to Top