Setting the Table

Hello Dear Reader,

I love to set a nice table, a freshly ironed tablecloth, our best plates and cutlery and some flowers. It is simple, but the act of setting the table is one I don't get to do very often. We always take our nightly dinner next door to my Mother in Law and as such we don't set a table. It is easier for her to eat at the breakfast bar, so thats what we do.

Christmas 2014
When I get the chance to have family over, I start with setting the table, then I know it's done and I don't have to worry about it and I can get on with preparing the lunch or dinner, or what ever it happens to be. I have collected some beautiful tablecloths over the years and even though I am not much of an ironer this is something I will do to make it look really lovely. I even have cloth table napkins but I don't always use them.

My Daughters Birthday 2015
Christmas Table 2015


So, tell me, do you set a table every day or is it for special occasion only?

1 comment

  1. Love this post and happy to have found your blog! My son's job is to set the table each night for dinner. I use a tablecloth infrequently because of spills but we do use cloth napkins and occasionally have candles or flowers. It makes dinner so much nicer, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top