This weeks 5 Frugal Things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

Last Saturday I had a hair dresser appointment in Redcliffe and had about an hour up my sleeve after the appointment so I went for a bit of a stroll through Sutton St, which has 2 Op shops, that are worth a look.  I hadn't been near any Op shops for ages and decided to go for a bit of a gander.
I can't resist looking at books, cook books in particular, and at one of the Op shops they had all their books marked at 50 cents. I found 2 fantastic books in really good condition, I was absolutely thrilled and walked away a very happy customer.

Over the years I have slowly made the transition from a shopper to a non shopper, the process of shopping just doesn't bring me joy, however finding a bargain at an Op shop is another kettle of fish. Again I try and limit the amount of stuff coming into the house and what ever I find must be useful, non cluttering and add value to my life. I have also noticed over the years how popular Op shops have become, and they have lifted their game by making the stores more attractive and user friendly.

So with frugal finds in mind - This week 5 Frugal things on a Friday are:

1. I made a batch of home made laundry liquid, this makes about 10 litres, costs about $1.80 and lasts me about 8 weeks


2. Used marked down fresh produce to make lovely family meals and desserts

Salted Caramel Parsnips
Borsch
Caramelised Apples with Cinnamon
3. Had a look through a local Op shop and bought 2 cook books for 50 cents each


4. Made a cake to take to a morning tea at work (all ingredients already in the pantry, so no outlay of money, only my time)

Walnut and Almond Cake (recipe coming soon)
5. Finished and posted a patchwork bag, made as a gift, from leftover fabric from making a little quilt


So, tell me, have you been Op shopping lately, what have been your stellar finds?

Have a great day and thanks for reading.


2 comments

  1. Your recipes and photos are lovely. I followed your apple recipe and was delighted with the results. New cookbooks are often a source of inpiration and Jamie O's recipes are consistently good. Well done with that find. Will be trying the Salmon Quiche tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love op shops. Wish we had some here. Thode books are a mighty bargain. I love Jamie and his books are so ecpensive. Bravo

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top