This weeks 5 Frugal things on a Friday

Hello Dear Reader,

Another Friday is upon us, the weeks are just flying by and the weekend ahead is another long weekend. This Monday is Labour Day/May Day in Queensland, and it's my Birthday on Tuesday so I arranged to have the Tuesday off as an ADO, so I have a four day mini break coming up, Woot!

On Saturday we are going up to see Rhonda from Down to Earth Blog at Rosetta's Book Store in Maleny, she will be there between 10am  and 11am. Rhonda has released a new book called "The Simple Home" I am a huge fan of hers and am really looking forward to seeing her. After, hubby and I will have a walk around Maleny and have lunch somewhere, any recommendations would be gratefully accepted. Then I have plans of sewing, cooking and gardening for the rest of my time off. It will be my idea of frugal bliss.

So, this weeks 5 frugal things on a Friday are:

1. I went to Coles on the way home on Tuesday afternoon and looked for fresh produce that had been marked down. Score!


2. I almost finished a baby Quilt I have been working on (just the binding to sew on). I think of Quilting as a frugal pastime, as you are making something from fabric that doesn't cost that much, and the end result is something that would sell for a lot more than the initial outlay for the fabric. And it is wonderful therapy!



3. Dried all the washing in the sun

4. Rode to work every day

5. Bought herb and veggie seedlings and planted them out,  hopefully they will supplement our needs in months to come

So, over to you, what frugal tasks did you achieve this week?

6 comments

  1. Have a wonderful extra long weekend, and a very happy birthday !! Frugal things... dried all our washing on the line, purchased items on my grocery list that were on good specials, and my kids made handmade cards and gifts for a friend's birthday. Liz in Central Qld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Birthday wishes, just lovely. Also love that the kids are making handmade gifts and cards, it's a wonderful lesson to teach that not everything has to be store bought. Thanks for commenting. Have a great long weekend.

      Delete
  2. Have a great Birthday for Tuesday and enjoy your long weekend. Thank you for taking the time to share, especially your wonderful recipes. Guida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guida,
      Thanks for the Birthday wishes and it is my pleasure to share recipes, it's something I really enjoy. Have a great long weekend.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! mine will be tomorrow (Sunday) so we are close. I really like your quilt top. It's going to be a real treasure.

    I made a loaf of whole wheat bread this morning and I spent a lot of time "running" our business this week, so I guess that counts as frugal since we don't have to pay out money for a bookkeeper. :) I'm a new reader to your blog and I enjoy reading about your frugal life.

    ~Elaine in KY USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine, and welcome, thanks for the birthday wishes, and a Happy Birthday to you, I hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete

Back to Top