Why am I so excited?

Hello Dear Reader,

So, what has made me so excited? Have I bought a new dress? New shoes? Had a shopping spree? Went out on the town? Bought some little trinket on a whim? No, to all the above. I have been for another walk around the garden and look what I have found.

I am so excited, are these the start of a successful Red Paw Paw fruiting? It is probably the wrong time of year, however it is still so hot here, it is supposed to be Autumn
Free plants ready to take to my sisters garden. The grass at the back and the passionfruit came up by themselves and the Paw Paw I grew from saved seeds
This Flapjack has had a baby and I will "google it" to find out how to remove and plant on the baby plant. This Flapjack was given to me by a family friend and it has doubled in size in the few months that I have had it. I know these are an expensive plant to buy
 Tomatoes grown from saved seeds, I still can't believe I have grown these! This variety is by far and away the healthiest, most prolific tomato I have ever grown

Basil seeds starting to germinate in this, still very warm Autumn

These small triumphs bring me so much joy you would think I has won the lottery! This is what makes me happy, it is nothing you can buy with money, and only requires time and water to achieve. I just love it.

So, tell me, what small thing, that cost's nothing or very little, brings you joy?

7 comments

  1. Apart from the obvious garden things like potting up self-sown seedlings or discovering that my loganberry has propagated itself by layering one of its branches giving me another plant to provide luscious summer berries, what gives me greatest joy is taking a wornout garment or article and making something new from it. I rescued an almost perfect cotton sheet that my elderly mother asked me to get rid of because it had two big rips in it where it had got caught on some wire on a particularly windy drying day. I made 2 pillowcases, an apron and 3 table napkins from it. I find more joy in the use of these things than I get from brand new bought things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just discovered your blog, which is so enjoyable. You are very enthusiastic and it is great to be encouraged. Thank you. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lyn for your kind words. I try and post every day, so stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. I just discovered your blog and am loving it already. I'm new to Au. so gardening here is still a huge learning curve for me. I am also a huge fan of growing my own plants from seeds, transplants, etc and find great joy in seeing them flourish and then provide food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Australia, I would totally recommend you watch Gardening Australia, they have lots of really useful stories of growing great plants in challenging areas of Australia. it is my favourite show on TV. Thanks for leaving a comment it means a lot to me.

      Delete
  4. I enjoy your blog and dream about visiting Australia one day. Lovely to see all the wonderful things you have growing. It is early spring here for us and, unfortunately, we had several inches of snow yesterday...ugg. I am itching to get outside and get to digging in some dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I have just found you too thanks to dte. Sourdough bread is being made as we speak. Cheers affussa

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top