Chocolate and Cashew Bliss Balls

Hello Dear Reader,

I am a sucker for all things dark chocolate, I allow myself one piece of dark chocolate a day, enjoyed with my lunch time cuppa. I adore the ALDI brand organic dark chocolate with sea salt, that slight edge of saltiness enhances the dark chocolate and it is divine. This is the chocolate I should have used for this recipe however, on the day I made this, I knew I didn't have enough of my normal chocolate block left so I called into Coles on the way home (ALDI is in the other direction and I was on my bike) and picked up what I thought would be a nice chocolate to go in these Bliss Balls. Well, it was nice, and it does the trick in these healthy little morsels, however as an eating chocolate it was way too sweet for my taste. So, if you like things on the dark, not so sweet, side, take my advise and try and source a block of the ALDI organic dark chocolate with sea salt for this recipe.

Ingredients for Chocolate and Cashew Bliss Balls. 
I ended up using 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup, as that was all that was left in the bottle and 2 tablespoon of honey. 
To the bowl of a food processor add the Cashews, Rolled Oats and the Cinnamon
Blitz until it is a fine meal
Now add Chocolate chunks, Maple Syrup or Honey or a combination of both and Vanilla.
 Blitz until it starts to come together into a cohesive dough
Sticky and cohesive "dough"
Roll into balls, large or small, this quality made 12 small bliss balls


Ingredients

150 grams unsalted, raw cashews

50 grams rolled oats (I use Woolworths, Own Brand)

1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon

3 tablespoons Maple syrup or Honey or a combination of both

1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste

45 grams dark chocolate broken into chunks

Method


In the bowl of a food processor, add the first 3 ingredients and blitz until it is a fine meal

Add next 3 ingredients and blitz until it comes together into a cohesive dough, I blitzed in 30 second pulses until it just came together, don't over process it other wise it will be a paste

Turn mixture into a bowl and scrape all that chocolate-y nutty goodness out of the food processor bowl

Roll into ball size of your choosing, and pop into the fridge to firm up


These are so gorgeous, nutty and sweetly chocolate-y, and they reminded me very much of a "Summer Roll" Does anyone remember these? Do they still make them?

So, tell me, does any one make a bliss ball that everyone raves about? Want to share your recipe?

Recipe adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe. 

1 comment

  1. Yum and double Yum. Yes they still make "summer rolls" well there is a bar called that, if that is what you mean, it has a coating of coconut, its very yummy. Thanks for sharing. Guida

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top