Coconut sponge with Pineapple Syrup

Hello Dear Reader,

While I was sewing the little baby quilt the other day, my mind was busy coming up with this recipe for a Coconut Sponge soaked in Pineapple Syrup. See, I was making some Pineapple Cordial when I thought if I reduce the Cordial even more it would turn into a syrup, and what a syrup it is, all the sunshine-y flavour of Pineapples in all its golden glory
Golden Pineapple Syrup
Ingredients for Coconut Sponge 
Add 250 grams of cold butter, cut into chunks, to the Thermomix bowl and melt
Add all other ingredients
Blitz for 5 seconds on speed 3, scrap down and then blitz again for 5 seconds on speed 3. Pour into prepared tin and cook for 50 to 60 minutes at 180 C. The time depends on how "hot" your oven is


One Heart shaped Coconut sponge with Pineapple syrup
Plus 3 little ones

Ingredients

250 grams cold butter, cut into chunks

250 grams milk (I use Powdered milk)

150 grams white sugar

280 grams SR flour

4 large eggs

55 grams desiccated or shredded Coconut

Method

Preheat oven to 180 C, grease and line a 20 cm round cake tin 

Place butter in the TM bowl and melt for 4 minutes at 50 C on speed 3

Add all other ingredients and blitz for 5 seconds on speed 3, scrape down and blitz again for 5 seconds on speed 3

Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 180 C

Once cooked, remove from the oven and while still warm pour over 1/2 to 3/4 cup of Pineapple Syrup. 

Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and extra syrup

You could use any fruit syrup you like, lemon, lime, orange, mandarin or lychee.

I made this cake for my Birthday, I really like to keep my birthday very low key and just spend it with the ones I love the most in the world. 

Who else makes their own Birthday cake? How do you like to spend you Birthday?

No comments

Back to Top