Slow Cooker Pork and Fennel Soup

Hello dear reader,

As Tuesday night is now my Ballroom Dancing night I have been putting something quick and easy in the slow cooker on Tuesday mornings. This is a splendid recipe that is altogether gorgeous, warming, comforting, silky smooth and delicious.

Ingredients for Pork and Fennel Soup
Roughly chop the 2 Fennel Bulbs, 1 onion, 2 large potatoes and 2 cloves of garlic. 
Add chopped veggies and pork piece to the slow cooker bowl, add 2 cups of chicken stock (I used Massel chicken stock cubes) and 4 cups of water. Cook on low for 6  to 8 hours. Remove pork piece and shred with 2 forks and set aside. Blitz soup until silky smooth and then add 1/2 cup of cream and blitz again. Return shredded pork to soup and heat through
Serve with the finely chopped tops of the Fennel bulbs 
Finish with salt and pepper.


Ingredients

500 grams piece of pork neck (collar butt)

500 grams potatoes, roughly chopped

2 large fennel bulbs, roughly chopped (reserve some of the fronds of the fennel bulbs)

1 medium brown onion, roughly chopped

2 cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane

1 bay leaf

6 black peppercorns

6 cups water

2 cups chicken stock ( I used Massel chicken stock cubes)

1/3 cup cream

Method

Put piece of pork, fennel, potato, onion, garlic, bay leaf, peppercorns, stock and water in the bowl of the slow cooker

Cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours

Remove pork and shred, set aside

Blitz soup until smooth, then add cream and blitz again, return shredded meat to the soup to heat through

To serve, sprinkle over chopped fronds of the fennel and freshly ground black pepper


Enjoy this totally gorgeous soup

Is it soup weather in your part of the world? Our Autumn is not going to plan, it is still quite warm! I can't wait until it is real soup weather.

2 comments

  1. Hello Fiona,
    I found your blog through Outback Tania and love it. I think our blogs are quite similar in style and I can see you love cooking and blue and white china. Me too!
    I look forward to back tracking over your blog and getting to know you better.

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joolz, I have visited your blog quite often too via "my abundant life" blog. Thanks for visiting and I hope you had a great weekend.

      Delete

Back to Top