Hello Dear Reader,
I believe being frugal takes energy and gusto and my energy levels are running very low at the moment. Even so, being frugal is such a part of me now that I do things so automatically I don't even realise I am doing them. Take for instance, when I was preparing the pumpkin for roasting last Sunday, I automatically rinsed, dried and kept the seeds, for either roasting with oil, five spice and salt or planting out in the garden when the time is right.
I have also had a huge week at work and am constantly exhausted even though I am sleeping well, I am hitting the wall by about 11 o'clock, everyday. I can't wait for my holiday in June, my sister and I are going to Norfolk Island for a Ballroom Dancing week and even though we will be dancing every day and night I think it will recharge my batteries both physically and emotionally.
So this weeks 5 frugal things on a Friday are:
1. Saved the warm up water from the shower to water the figs out the front. It is very dry at the moment and there is no rain predicted
2. Kept the seeds from a spectacular pumpkin to plant out when the time is right
3. Made a loaf of light rye bread and fruit and spice loaf from scratch
4. Used the slow cooker to make two meal, the slow cooker draws very little power
5. Rode to work everyday = no outlay for petrol or parking
So, join in and tell me, what are your frugal or free accomplishments this week?