What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

It's that time of the week again! Grocery photo time! When all the groceries are spread out,  there seems to be a lot of food? However there isn't much of it left, in fact, out of the actual food that was bought I only have the sweet potatoes, some cream (making Bacon Carbonara with it tonight)and natural yoghurt, one jar of chutney, one red papaya, the feta cheese, one packet of peanuts (I made cinnamon and honey peanut butter with the other packet), the parmesan wedge, chia seeds (I have been having a cacao and honey chia pudding, for morning tea most days) and maple syrup left.

I had planned on making feta and spinach triangles and making maple sweet potato mash to go with it, but I had leftovers of the curried coconut pumpkin soup and the congee, so that food will carry over to this week.

What we bought
Shopping from Woolworths, Coles and ALDI. 
You will notice some dog food and treats, they are for my Mother in laws dogs, as she was in hospital this week, lovely hubby just bought those items in our grocery shop
    What we spent

ALDI-$82.65

Woolworths-$42.85

Nothing Bros Prime Meats-$35.70

Coles-$15.70

Total-$176.90
 What we ate
Wednesday-Hubby cooked some marinated lamb chops on the BBQ and I made some Rosemary and garlic roasted potatoes with steamed baby peas. The marinade was-lime juice, honey, mint, oregano and rosemary. YUM
Thursday-Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup, I made a big pot so there was enough for Friday night as well. Sweet!
Biryani with papadums, natural yoghurt and chutney. 

Can you believe that I took the photo!!I have been reading about food photography, tips and tricks. Oh my, what a difference a little natural light, a few props and a few changed settings on my camera makes! It also takes time and day light so unless I win lotto and can quit my job, there won't be too many of these kind of lovely photos.
Sunday-Tempura whiting, steamed basmati rice and asian greens
Monday and Tuesday-we had Chicken and ginger Congee or Jook.
For my regular readers you will know I always make this for when my Mother in law comes home from hospital. 



So, tell me, what have you been cooking for you and your family this week in your part of the world?

No comments

Back to Top