What we bought, spent and ate this week

Hello Dear Reader,

I hope you all have had a great week and had the chance to have some family time with your loved ones. It is always a treat for me to have my little family over to share dinner and we did just that on Sunday night.

For dinner I made our families version of Feijoada, it is quite the dish, full of all kinds of meat, it is so delicious and warming, just what you want for a cold wintery night. It is a simple dish to put together and it just bubbles away, most of the day, on the stove top. I will post the recipe soon, I think you will find it interesting.

So, along with this amazing dish, this is what we got up to-

What we bought
Shopping from ALDI, Woolworths, Coles and Nothling Prime Meats
Extra "forgotten"items purchased on Sunday from Coles. The Muesli bars were on special for $1.99 a packet, that is hard to beat. They are good to have in the cupboard for when lovely hubby goes fishing
Tuesday afternoon markdowns. I always go for a walk through my local Coles on the way home from work, on Tuesday arvo, to see if there are any marked down fresh produce that I can snaffle 

  What we spent
ALDI-$61.77

Woolworths-$84.45

Nothing Bros Prime Meats-$66.07 (we did buy more meat than usual this week due to making Feijoada for a family dinner on Sunday)

Coles-$29.53 + extra on Tuesday arvo $3.75

Healthy Life-$14.95 - Activated Charcoal to make Toothpaste

Total-$260.52-
 this is a big week the extra meat and items needed to make the  Feijoada pushed the cost up!

 What we ate
Wednesday - Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara
Thursday - Pizza night, we had  a voucher to use, Sweet!
I am loving this Chicken and Feta Pizza at the moment 
Friday - Tempura Whiting with Steamed Basmati rice with steamed Snow Peas


Saturday - Spinach and Feta Triangles with Maple Syrup Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Sunday - Our Families Version of Feijoada, it's a bit of a meat feast. Even though it was a more expensive meal than usual, it has fed us for 3 nights, including a family dinner of 9 people. The leftovers got better and better

So, tell me, what was on your menu this week?

3 comments

  1. Tried your chicken, orange jest and chorizo tonight, it was delicious. My son went for seconds, thanks heaps. I would love to know how you cook your feijoada? My dad used to make a really good one. Guida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Guida,
      The Feijoada recipe is from my husbands late grandmother, her second husband was Portuguese and I guess he taught her it. It is very "Aussie-fied" And not at all like the original, it is however the most tastiest of dishes. I will be posting this recipe very soon. That chicken and chorizo one was a hit here too!
      Fi

      Delete

Back to Top