Home made glass cleaner



Hello Dear Reader,

I have finished cleaning the windows and blinds! Woot! That's a good start to my spring cleaning. I have to admit the windows and blinds only get cleaned once a year, I know, slack hey? I simply do not have the time to do this huge job, more often than that. Maybe when I retire (20 years and counting) I will have clean windows and blinds all the time.

I did it in small chunks, just one window and blind every afternoon, starting last Monday and finishing yesterday. As I mentioned last week, we had already cleaned the windows and blinds closest to the kitchen, about three weeks ago, after the charcoal chicken debacle, so that meant four less sets to clean this time around. I used up all of my current batch of home made window cleaner to clean the windows, so it was time to make another batch. I find this glass cleaner very effective, no streaks and it seems to be able to lift tough dirt on the windows.

Ingredients for home made window cleaner-from left
1/2  teaspoon dishwashing liquid, 1/4 cup home brand white vinegar, 2 cups water
Add 2 cups of water to a suitable spray bottle 

Add 1/4 cup of vinegar

And 1/2 teaspoon dishwashing liquid, pop the lid on and give the bottle a good shake. 


Use in the usual manner. I use a window cleaning cloth to clean and shine the windows, so no lint is left behind. 

That's it! Super simple, 3 ingredient window cleaner, and guess what? It actually works!

So, over to you, what do you use to clean your windows? What about timber blinds? Any miracle cleaners?

No comments

Back to Top