Op shop bargains

Hello Dear Reader,

I have always been an Op-Shopper, even before it was popular, whenever I needed something new, I headed for an Op shop. Over the years I have bought some really lovely pieces that I have had some really great wear out of as well as every day t-shirts, shorts and jeans to wear around the house.

I did an audit of my wardrobe and out of 108 articles of clothing 55 were from Op shops. The audit didn't include my work uniforms as these are supplied.


I don't get the opportunity to go Op shopping very often, but when I go to my hairdresser in Redcliffe (once a month) I usually pop into the Salvos store in Sutton Street which is just a few doors down. Yesterday they had a 1/2 price special on all clothing and shoes, so I had a really good look through and found some fantastic bargains.

Katie's floaty floral top $2.00
Blue Illusion long denim shorts $2.00
Blue and white dress $2.50. Yes, it is a bit short but it will be okay
around the house in summer. Look at those white legs!
Suzanne Grae black and white dress $3.00. I am a sucker for black and white
and love a geometric design. It is fully lined and I think it is such a stylish dress.
Colorado Skirt $2.00
Target diamante black knit top $2.00. That is Ninjas tail in the photo


In total, I spent $13.50 for 6 items and have some lovely, new to me, clothes to wear. All the items are great quality and "as new" condition, they just need a wash and an air and I will be set to go.



So, tell me, are you a fan of Op shops? What has been your best buy?


3 comments

  1. You look very stylish in that black and white dress. Lovely shopping choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW those are some very lovely clothes indeed.
    I never seem to find such nice things when I go to an Op Shop, but then I struggle to find anything I like in any clothing shop, so maybe the problem is me!
    You look great in that blue and white dress, I don't think it's too short, and you've got great legs to show off there! So go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I agree - great legs - very envious! Those clothes look really good - you're lucky to have an op shop with good items for $2 - many of ours are charging over $10 for a dress now.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top