This weeks 5 frugal things on a Friday


Hello Dear Reader,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, didn't this week fly by? Time seems to being moving by so quickly, I wish it would slow down a bit! It's not that I am super busy, really, I seem to be able to get everything done without too much stress and bother and I am still getting into bed quite early, all pluses considering I feel I have no time! So in the end, I must be doing something right!

As I mentioned on Wednesday I have started my spring cleaning by doing one window and one blind a day, I didn't manage it on Wednesday as I had a blinding headache so I had the day off, both from work and from "home" work. Sometimes you just have to listen to your body! Lovely Hubby worked on my neck (Remedial Massage) and has given me some relief, thank goodness for that.

This is the office window and the view I look out of when I am at the computer, this photo was taken 5.59am this morning just before I published this post 

So, here goes, this weeks 5 frugal things on a Friday

1. Cleaned the house with home made cleaners, it really is incredible that such simple ingredients clean just a well as all those chemical laden ones, that cost a fortune. My go to cleaners are mostly based on plain white vinegar ($1.19 for 2 litres at ALDI) Eucalyptus oil ($6.99 for 200 mls) and good old dish washing liquid, Cheap as chips and a clean home to boot.





Shower Cleaner, take 2 - Epsom salts, Dishwashing liquid and Bicarb soda. This is the shower cleaner I have been most happy with, shiny tiles and clean, clear glass AND no nasty smelling chemicals!

2. Made another batch of Pumpkin and Lentil Savoury rolls to use up the rest of the pumpkin, no waste-sweet! I had bought this huge pumpkin a while ago when they were $1 a kg, I have made many pumpkin soups, savoury rolls and just plain old roast pumpkin with this one. Once the pumpkin is cut, I remove all the seeds and pulp and wrap it in foil, it keeps well for a long time like this.


3. Made another sourdough bread, this time it's a Light Rye Sourdough with Caraway seeds



4. Dug out my first crop of homegrown ginger, I am thrilled with this and I have replanted the next "eyes" hopefully they grow well for the next season too!


5. Bought some lovely quilting fabric from "JJ's" to make another little patchwork quilt, I love these gentle colours and prints. They look really cute and soft together. JJ's has been established for around 30 years and their prices on their quilting fabric is hard to beat. 




The last row isn't sewn on yet, that's why it look wonky. The finished quilt will be about

32"x 38" with a 3" boarder and a 1. 5" binding, it's a small quilt to give as a baby gift.

I have used the "Large Simple Wedge" from The Missouri Star Quilt Company to cut out the triangles

So, tell me, what have you been up to on the frugal front?

4 comments

  1. Wow you start work early! I read blogs on the train early on my way in. Your breads look so fantastic you have a great skill there. I had a big week fell down electric escalators at the train station on Monday so had Tuesday off to recover and rest. So agree with listening to your body - sleep is my new miracle cure and its free!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, No I don't start work that early, that is our home office window.You poor darlin, having a fall like that, I'll bet you are bruised! And yes sleep does amazing things to your mind and body. Have a fab Friyay!
      Fi

      Delete
  2. No wonder time flies for you, just reading the things you post about in your week makes my head spin. I just said to my husband, I don't know where you find the time to clean, cook from scratch, garden, quilt and work full time not to mention all the other things you do that don't get blogged about. I wish for half that drive and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've recently discovered your lovely blog and am really enjoying it! You have inspired me to try some of the recipes - will be making the pumpkin and lentil rolls above tomorrow, and can't wait to make up the shower cleaner. As Christina said above, your breads look amazing. Haven't blogged yet myself (dinasaur at computer things...) but might get the courage up to try. Although would never be able to take such clear photos as you do! Don't know how you fit it all in with working - much admiration! best wishes Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top