Another little baby quilt


Hello Dear Reader,

Its been awhile since I made a new patchwork quilt, in fact its been 4 months since I last was sewing something cute and lovely. I have made another baby quilt for a lovely co-worker who is pregnant. I just love sewing up these little quilts as they don't take very long to come together and my newish sewing machine makes it a breeze.


This is the last baby quilt I made for a lovely girl at work. She has since had a beautiful baby boy. The pattern is called fast and easy pinwheels and it really is fast and easy using Jenny's system of cutting and sewing


Cute as a button. I used the simple wedge ruler to cut out the triangles and assembled them in a haphazard design. The lovely co-worker knows she is having a girl, hence the soft feminine colours


The simple wedge ruler from the Missouri Star Quilt Company made it super easy to cut out perfect triangles

I bought this sewing machine about a year ago and I just love it. 

I really need to go and have some lessons on my Husqvarna sewing machine, so I can really use it to its full potential. The place where I bought it from does offer free lessons. I just need to make the time. The feature I love the best is the easy snap on and off foot to interchange it with the walking foot for quilting. It also has a simple slid button so the feeder dogs just go down for free hand quilting. I haven't had a go at freehand quilting as yet but it's so good to know that this process doesn't require you to take your whole sewing machine apart just to get to the feed dogs.

So, tell me, Dear Reader, do you sew? What brand of sewing machine do you own? Any Quilters reading?

*This post is not sponsored and the views are entirely my own.

1 comment

  1. Very pretty quilts. Baby quilts are lots of fun, and rewarding due to being able to finish them up quickly. I am a quilter. Isn't it great to have a well working machine? Mine is a Babylock.
    I've enjoyed reading your blog. Mine has gone pretty dead. I'm going to retire soon, so maybe I'll start it up again.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top