Roasted Mixed Nut Butter

Hello Dear Reader,

I have seen those really expensive nut spreads for sale and I thought how easy it would be to just buy a bag of mixed, salted and roasted nuts and blitz them in the Thermomix. Well, that is exactly what I did on Saturday afternoon and the nut spread it created, turned out fabulous.

Step one-buy a packet of mixed, salted and roasted nuts. I used ALDI brand which were $2.99 for a 375 gram pack


Step two-open the pack and throw all the nuts into the Thermomix, add 2 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons oil (I use Rice bran oil for everything) and blitz until smooth and silky


Step three-pour and scrap all of the gorgeous nut butter into a wide mouthed glass jar


Step four-try and stop yourself from eating the whole jar with a spoon, not that I would do that. Cough...Cough...

So, tell me, what is you favourite nut butter?

7 comments

  1. What a good idea. Our health food shop grinds fresh nut butter but can be expensive. I think that mixed nut butters are a pretty good option, the cashews would add some sweetness but not too much. When making nut butter biscuits I like to use almond butter. Will have to give this a go. What were the settings you used on the thermomix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Therese,
      I used speed 6 for 2 lots of 30 seconds, giving the nut butter a good scrap down in between. I love the sound of almond butter, delish.
      Fi

      Delete
  2. I make my own peanut butter in Thermomix sometimes and I adore macadamia nut butter. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg,
      Macadamias are my favourite nut, I have to portion them out into a little container or they would all be gone in one sitting. Do you roast the macadamias before making them into a butter or do you leave them blonde?
      Fi

      Delete
  3. Clever idea! I think you'd struggle to do it with anything other than a thermomix so that's a gear plus for the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean it can't be done in a normal blender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I think it could be done in a food processor, it would take longer to reach the smooth consistency though.

      Delete

Back to Top